Edgar Brothers are implementing K8 to support future growth.
Tilespace upgrades to the latest release
Tilespace has been a customer of Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) since 2010. They have two branches. Tilespace offers an unrivalled selection of exclusive, imported brands specialising in tiles, sanitary ware, taps and fittings. They recently upgraded from K8.07 to Babbage.
With an executive board counting on 75 years of collective industry experience and bolstered by dedicated and experienced management and staff, the collaboration has been dynamic earning Tilespace a highly respected reputation in the marketplace. Management’s daily hands-on approach to the business has resulted in a culture of agility, intimacy and virtuosity breeding trust amongst key suppliers and long standing clients.
Benefits of upgrading to Babbage
Additional Financial functionality. The GL postings and being able to export these into Excel was a great advantage.
- The cashbook functionality added benefits
- Real-time posting of transactions allowing up to date account figures
- The new look and feel for the Babbage accounting module was a welcomed change
- Having a web based application where they are able to login to the system and do credit limit overrides on the go.
- Data warehouse providing more in depth analysis of data
- General Ledger
- Data warehouse
- Realtime transactions
Due to all our testing, the great team I had at Tilespace as well as KCS, we had a very smooth Go-Live with almost zero issues.
Bronwen Fritz - Financial Manager at Tilespace
We can’t stress enough the importance of testing and having a good team of individuals doing this process from a client perspective, as well as a KCS one.
Paulo Rodrigues - Operations Manager at Tilespace
Tiaan Grobbelaar KCS Sales Manager commented, "K8 Babbage is our flagship product, and once upgraded our clients can benefit from many new features and modules like data warehouse, improved KPI’s and BI, improved delivery management, Web client as well role based permissions."
"We are confident that K8 Babbage will support all of Tilespace’s current and future business strategies. We welcome them to the group of 30 local clients who upgraded to Babbage."
The history of Tilespace
In 2006, the 'original' executive team responsible for the 1999 rebranding of Ferreiras Decor World ended their tenure at the company. The same team subsequently joined forces again and with their distinctive understanding of the industry, established a modern and successful brand – TILESPACE, with impressive showrooms in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
What makes Tilespace unique?
- We have exquisite, contemporary showrooms regularly updated
- We provide a differentiated product offering with competitive pricing for quality products.
- We are highly skilled in procurement, we source the very best
- We offer a substantial stock holding of premium products
- We have a proven track record, ask our long standing clients and key supply partners
- We are passionate about our products and love what we do