ERP Finance Implementation Consultant (South Africa)
|kristina.tikhonova 06/08/2015 11:03:35
Job Title: ERP Finance Implementation Consultant
Department: Implementation – Johannesburg
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: July 2015
- Kerridge Commercial Systems is a market leader in the development and provision of trading and financial software environments for specialist Distribution, Wholesale, Merchant and Retail industry sectors, addressing single- or multi-branch operations, as well as catering for organisations with 'point-of-sale' showrooms and warehouse.
- Working as a Finance Implementation Consultant within the Implementation Department of Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS), you will enable customers to use K8 functionality to successfully run their day to day business. The Consultant’s role is an independent, customer location based role, where you will be required to follow our corporate Consultant Charter to deliver consultancy services to our customers. Taking work direction from the Project Manager, your diary will be managed remotely by the Operations Delivery Team (ODT).
- You will assist in the demonstration, business discovery, training and implementation of KCS systems, mainly at customer sites; delivering consultancy services, focusing on ERP implementations in particular. You will liaise with other departments and customers during the implementation and will also be involved with working with our in-house Development team to produce detailed, accurate system specifications or undertake system testing.
- The role involves travel (your own vehicle is an essential part of the role) to customer sites across South Africa, and may also include travel to neighbouring Countries to South Africa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take a lead within the implementation teams responsible for the installation and setup of systems, and to advise both consultants and customers on the use of accounts specific software modules for their particular business.
- To provide Accounts and associated applications training and demonstrations, preparing for and undertaking demonstrations to support presale consultancy for the customer.
- To take responsibility within an implementation to ensure all core implementation and customer documentation is completed and in particular that a pre live check list is completed and that the customer is ready to go live.
- To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operation of standard or modified software at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details when appropriate.
- To assist the support function at all times on current or previously implemented systems, as and when required, by taking support calls from clients when appropriate.
- To liaise with the customers to define, or help define, specifications for modifications to the software related to the implementation of a system.
- To assist the development team with understanding of specifications during the development of modifications and subsequently test and document developed changes.
- To train colleagues in the operation of modified software, as and when required, to ensure a smooth hand over of projects to the support function.
- To train the customer’s project team and provide knowledge transfer in the operation of modified software, as and when required.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
- Production and submission of consultancy documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner.
Download full job description