QA Engineer, Trading (UK - Hungerford or Gateshead)
|james.brodgen 20/06/2016 15:35:31
Job Title: QA Engineer (Trading)
Department:QA - Hungerford / Gateshead
Reporting to: QA Trading Team Leader
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: June 2016
- The QA Engineer (Trading) will ensure the quality of our products by generating and executing product functionality tests and identifying and reporting product defects as part of a cross-functional project team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand product business requirement and review functional specifications, to detect and remove defects early in the product development life cycle.
- Write test cases in line with a specification to test core functionality, identify and investigate ambiguities in test results and propose solutions
- Execute test cases on specific areas of product functionality and check outcomes against expected results
- Work with Test Lead to review project plans and plan own time to ensure the test schedule is delivered to specified project timescales
- Monitor test outcomes and assess the overall impact on core functionality and project requirements
- Take responsibility for product ownership of specific areas of the system
- Explain test results and potential issues to software developers, technical writers and other departments and seek feedback when required
- Enter defects into the defect tracking system by recording the steps that were taken to exercise the functionality and the technical problems that occurred
- Coach junior Test Engineers.
- Proactively identify and implement processes to increase testing efficiency.
Download full job description