|archera 11/11/2016 14:39:10
Job Title: HR Advisor
Department: Group Head of HR – Johannesburg
Reporting to: Group Head of HR
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: July 2015
- The HR Advisor actively supports the operation of the South Africa businesses by providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit across all South Africa sites and businesses, and including payroll administration for KSA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing recruitment activity across South Africa including sourcing applicants, assisting managers with interviews and issuing contracts.
- Assisting managers and employees in the use of HR systems and ensuring these are up-to-date.
- Assisting with and advising on manager/employee development activity, to ensure that employees have the required competencies to carry out their roles. This will include assistance with induction, advice regarding the appraisal process, identifying non-technical development needs, advising how to meet those needs and where appropriate liaising with external training suppliers.
- Advising and assisting managers with any potential and actual staff, work or remuneration issues. This could include supporting managers through disciplinary, grievance, performance management and absence management processes.
- Being available to employees who wish to consult HR on a personal basis.
- Ensuring that local South Africa employee handbooks and HR policies are legally compliant and kept up-to-date.
- Payroll administration.
- Employee benefits administration.
- Other HR activities and projects as required, including potentially assisting with the cultural and contract/benefits integration of any new acquisitions.
- Dotted line, day-to-day reporting to South Africa Finance Manager.
Download full job description