Head of Operations (UK - Hungerford)
|james.brodgen 17/10/2016 08:27:13
Job Title: Head of Operations
Reporting to: Operations Director
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: October 2016
- KCS are now entering a period of significant growth and now require a Head of Operations to join the Professional Services team. This is a senior level appointment responsible for the Management of both Project Managers and Consultants that are looking to deliver KCS leading ERP solutions to their client base in the UK & Ireland Distribution Market.
- The Head of Operations will be responsible for the implementation team resources to ensure the successful delivery of projects to clients as well as creating a first class operations centre within the business. The role will also be responsible for healthily challenging how we can work most effectively and efficiently.
- The current team is a blend of Project Managers and Consultants and their operational managers. You will have the opportunity to set a benchmark for future growth and build a framework for a scalable operation supporting our expanding order book. You will be responsible for a blend of project delivery and operational planning, involving recruitment and budget control.
- Within Professional services structure there are teams offering training and administrative reporting and support.
- The Head of Operations plays a key role within the organisation, providing leadership and direction to the operations team. A role that is both challenging and rewarding for someone who is both strategically minded and hands on.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain and review systems to accurately measure and monitor project and people performance
- Work closely with Operations Director and other senior stakeholders providing accurate information on implementations and achievement against key project goals
- Optimise resource deployment across multiple projects
- Report on operational issues affecting divisional performance along with action planning for dealing with issues
- Control expenditure within agreed budgets
- Line Management responsibility for direct reports and overall management responsibility for Project Management and Consultancy resources.
- Ensure team members are fully aware of project goals, targets and expectations.
- Acting as a change agent for the businesses improvement initiatives
- Effective customer management and negotiation
- Collaboration with other internal functions to deliver on your responsibilities
Download Full Job Description