Finance Application Support Consultant (UK - Gateshead or Hungerford)
|james.brodgen 21/09/2016 12:48:03
Job Title: Finance Application Support Consultant
Reporting to: Finance Implementation and Support Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
- Kerridge Commercial Systems is a market leader in the development and provision of trading and financial software environments for specialist Distribution, Wholesale, Merchant and Retail industry sectors, addressing single or multi-branch operations, as well as catering for organisations with 'point-of-sale' showrooms and warehouses
- The Software Support Department assists customers with queries and problems relating to the KCS application software. The Department also provides customers with a wide variety of other services including the installation of new software and customer training
- As Finance Application Support Consultant, you will support customers by providing solutions to any issues and queries relating to the KCS application software, including identifying and replicating problems that require a software change by Development.
- This role can be based at either our Hungerford, Berkshire, office or Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively taking ownership of a wide variety of calls and problems
- Ensuring all calls are dealt with efficiently and promptly in accordance with the Service Level Agreement
- Provide Out of Hours Support as agreed with the Line Manager.
- Managing, prioritising and progressing their adopted calls, in particular:
- Effectively and promptly resolving calls, ensuring old calls are kept to a minimum
- Accurately investigating, identifying and rectifying both the causes and the symptoms of problems
- Providing work arounds to minimise the impact of problems when this is appropriate
- Implementing solutions to the customers’ best advantage and ensuring the call resolutions meet the working and business practices of the customer
- Escalating calls and seeking advice when appropriate
- Using the call logging system correctly and ensuring that calls are updated on a regular basis with actions undertaken
- Regularly updating customers regarding the status of their calls
- Effectively handling complaints and call escalation requests form customers
- Identifying calls that are not support calls and dealing with these following the correct procedures, for example After sales calls, chargeable support calls, modification and system change requests etc.
- Assisting less experienced members of the team with their calls
- Continually and pro-actively acquiring and retaining knowledge of KCS products and systems
- Pro-actively using the appropriate tools to gain and share knowledge
- Working with members of the Support Team and other departments to ensure that customers receive a prompt efficient service
- Alerting Senior Application Support Consultants, Team Leaders and Application Support Manager as necessary regarding any sensitive customer issues
- Following and applying the standard Commercial Software Support Procedures and Practices
- Taking the initiative and identifying ways in which the Support Service and/or Support Procedures can be improved and discussing these with the Application Support Manager
- Undertaking any other projects as required by the Application Support Manager
Download Full Job Description