Business Analyst ( UK - Hungerford)
|james.brodgen 02/09/2016 10:01:38
Job Title:Business Analyst
Department: Product Development
Reporting to: Head of Product Management
Contract Type: Permanent
- Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS), design, develop, sell, implement and support comprehensive ERP solutions for a specific vertical market known as Industrial and Building Distribution
- KCS offers a full range of software products and supporting services for small, medium and large business which are predominantly distributors/importers/wholesalers and trade orientated (some retail) businesses.
- In relation to the company’s products and services, the Business Analyst will provide an interface between the internal R&D teams and the internal and external customer base.
- Role Summary: To assess, design and specify, via the Product Management function, business solutions for inclusion within the K8 and KCML product sets. These may be customer funded or internally supported, core or user exit (customer specific) developments, that compliment and improve the K8 product family and it’s fit to the target markets and verticals, as well as customer specific non core requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Work independently with customers, users, external and internal resources, both functional and technical, to define concepts and solutions.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal resources to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements, Use Cases, UI Screen design / workflow requirements and technical Interface designs, through appropriate assessment and functional specification documents.
- Present proposed solutions to a Technical Review Board (TRB) and/or Product Specialists /Partners for review and approval prior to providing to customers.
- Along with reviewing and assessing customer feedback, refine and represent functional and technical designs as requirements, cost and time restrictions change.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Serving as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development teams through which requirements flow.
Download Full Job Description