Finance Implementation Consultant (USA - Cary)
|james.brodgen 04/08/2016 10:38:05
Job Title: Finance Implementation Consultant
Department: Client Services
Reporting to: Implementation Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: August 1, 2016
Company and Department Information
Dancik International is the market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for flooring retailers, wholesalers and suppliers. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems enabling our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
The Client Services Department provides customers with a wide variety of other services including the installation of new software, consulting and customer training.
Working as an Finance Implementation Consultant, you will enable customers to use K8 functionality to successfully run their day to day business. The Consultant’s role is an independent, customer location based role, where you will be required to follow our corporate Consultant Charter to deliver consultancy services to our customers.
You will assist in the demonstration, business discovery, training and implementation of Dancik systems, mainly at customer sites; delivering consultancy services, focusing on Finance implementations in particular. You will liaise with other departments and customers during the implementation and will also be involved with working with our in-house Development team to produce detailed, accurate system specifications or undertake system testing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take a lead within the implementation teams responsible for the installation and setup of systems, and to advise both consultants and customers on the use of accounting specific software modules for their particular business. The role requires experience of all accounting business practice including:
- General Ledger: Chart of Accounts, Groupings, Postings, Journals, Cash Book, Period Ends.
- Accounts Payable: Account Creation, Inquiries, Expenses, Invoices, Invoice Matching, Payments.
- Accounts Receivable: Credit Applications, Account Creation, Inquiries, Credit Release. Customer Payments, Credit and Collections.
- Accounts Ledger: Branch Setup, Assets, Posting Tables, Asset Reports. Auditing, Reports, Reconciliation.
- To provide Accounts and associated applications training and demonstration including undertaking demonstrations to support pre-sale consultancy this will need to cover all versions of our Accounts system.
- To provide Accounts application training & consultancy for the customer.
- To take responsibility within an implementation to ensure all customer documentation is completed and in particular that a pre live check list is completed and that the customer is ready to go live.
- To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operation of standard or modified software at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details when appropriate.
- To assist the ongoing finance support function at all times on current or previously implemented systems, as and when required, by taking support calls from clients when appropriate. Processing support calls when assigned to Support work duties.
- To liaise with the customers to define, or help define, requirements, specifications for modifications to the software.
- To assist the development team with understanding of specifications during the development of modifications and subsequently test and document developed changes.
- To train colleagues in the operation of modified software, as and when required, to ensure a smooth hand over of projects to the support function.
- To train the customer’s project team and provide knowledge transfer in the operation of modified software, as and when required.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
- Production and submission of consultancy documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner. Timesheet completion in line with company procedures
Download Full Job Description