Application Support Consultant (USA - Cary)
|james.brodgen 04/08/2016 10:19:19
Job Title: Application Support Consultant
Department: Client Services
Reporting to: Client Services Director
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: August 1, 2016
Company and Department Information
Dancik International is the market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for flooring retailers, wholesalers and suppliers. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems enabling our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
The Client Services Department provides customers with a wide variety of other services including the installation of new software, consulting and customer training.
As an Application Support Consultant in the Client Services Department, the role is to assist customers with queries and problems relating to the Dancik application software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support customers with problems and queries relating to the application software
- Accurately resolve problems using investigative and analytical skills
- Identify and replicate problems that require a software change by Development
- Work as part of the Support team
- Work with other departments to provide solutions to the customer
- Pro-actively taking ownership of a wide variety of calls and problems
- Ensuring all calls are dealt with efficiently and promptly in accordance with the Service Level Agreement
- Managing, prioritizing and progressing their adopted calls, in particular:
- Effectively and promptly resolving calls, ensuring old calls are kept to a minimum.
- Accurately investigating, identifying and rectifying both the causes and the symptoms of problems
- Providing work arounds to minimize the impact of problems when this is appropriate
- Implementing solutions to the customers’ best advantage and ensuring the call resolutions meet the working and business practices of the customer
- Escalating calls and seeking advice when appropriate
- Using the call logging system correctly and ensuring that calls are updated on a regular basis with actions undertaken
- Regularly updating customers regarding the status of their calls
- Effectively handling complaints and call escalation requests form customers
- Identifying calls that are not support calls and dealing with these following the correct procedures, for example After sales calls, chargeable support calls, modification and system change requests etc.
- Assisting less experienced members of the team with their calls
- Continually and pro-actively acquiring and retaining knowledge of products and systems
Download Full Job Description