Credit Controller (UK - Hungerford)
|james.brodgen 01/06/2016 09:03:49
Job Title: Credit Controller
Department: UK Finance - Hungerford
Reporting to: UK Finance Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: May 2016
- To ensure that trade debtors are collected in a timely manner and overdue debts are dealt with in a manner stipulated by the company policy.
- To ensure the company measures and reports cash collections against agreed working capital targets on a monthly basis.
- To continually monitor and improve the efficiency of the credit collection process.
- To understand the purchasing procedure of clients to ensure that we comply and therefore are paid on time
- To carry out Credit Checks on potential new clients on a timely basis
- To collect all old outstanding debts including going legal if required
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively engages with customers at an early stage to ensure payment in accordance with company's sales terms.
- Uses initiative and imagination to achieve targeted results, whilst promoting customer goodwill
- Maintains accurate and up to date customer details and account records
- Works with a minimum of supervision on collection of overdue accounts
- Makes adjustments, handles queries and resolves problems within company guidelines and policy.
- Proactively engages with KCS operational and sales staff to ensure genuine customer issues are resolved.
- Undertakes complex reconciliations, and compiles documentation for further formal collection action
- Obtains sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers
- Works within guidelines and reports to the UK Finance Manager
- Issues monthly statements to customers and uses K8 system
- Good knowledge of and interest in KCS business and software products. Keeps abreast of hardware and managed service issues and contract renewals.
- Maintains and runs Direct Debit collections on a monthly basis
- Monitor and review contracts to ensure compliance for old debts
- Work with UK Finance Manager to agree monthly collection targets and then monitors progress against those targets.
- Keep > 90 day debtors below £50k
- Keep average debtor days below 50 over 6m rolling period
Download Full Job Description