Technical Engineer (UK - Gateshead)
|james.brodgen 11/04/2016 15:00:11
Job Title: Technical Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Technical Services
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: April 2016
- Specification, installation and support of IT infrastructure to host and support on premise and hosted applications from the Kerridge Commercial Systems product portfolio.
- Providing technical support to all local departments and staff
- Primarily office-based, but travel is frequently required
- Excellent opportunity to expand knowledge and responsibility
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd line, end-to-end technical environment support to K8 software customers within SLA targets:
- AIX, Linux or Windows-based Server build, installation and support
- Windows desktop operating system and applications
- Server hardware problem diagnosis and subcontract call management
- Network support; TCP/IP, WAN, DSL
- Security software management and outbreak resolution
- Security Appliance installation and support
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the specification, procurement and installation of hardware, services and applications that provide the environment for group and 3rd party software.
- Provide effective support for customers’ software environments and assist software support staff with diagnosis and resolution as required.
- Assist and proactively develop skills in software environment installation and configuration.
- K8 Sales order entry and subsequent purchasing tasks, including monitoring/chasing of sales process.
- Logging of technical calls in call logging systems and progressing them in a timely manner.
- Actively develop technical skills to meet new demands.
- Production and submission of technical documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner. Logging of hours in line with company procedures.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
Download Full Job Description