Windows System Engineer (UK - Hungerford or Bourne End)
|james.brodgen 31/03/2016 09:51:09
Job Title: Windows System Engineer
Department: Operations – Hungerford or Bourne End
Reporting to: Managed Services Director
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: March 2016
- Kerridge Commercial Systems is a market leader in the development and provision of trading and financial software environments for specialist Distribution, Wholesale, Merchant and Retail industry sectors, addressing single- or multi-branch operations, as well as catering for organisations with 'point-of-sale' showrooms and warehouse
- The role will provide missing capabilities to design, deliver and operate Windows workloads in customer and hosted platforms. You will operate across internal and external supply chains to deliver/support processes, innovation and customer satisfaction.
- This role can be based in either Hungerford or Bourne End, but work between the 2 offices is necessary for the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the team to design solutions, products and services to augment the KCS value proposition mainly relating to Windows publically available Ecommerce sites.
- Work within the team to define systems policies covering IT, Security, DR and BC.
- Work with customers in pre-sales and post sales discussions and activities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Installation and configuration of Windows based KCS Products primarily WebBuilder
- Managing, prioritising and progressing their adopted calls, in particular:
- Effectively and promptly resolving calls, ensuring old calls are kept to a minimum
- Accurately investigating, identifying and rectifying both the causes and the symptoms of problems
- Providing work arounds to minimise the impact of problems when this is appropriate
- Implementing solutions to the customers’ best advantage and ensuring the call resolutions meet the working and business practices of the customer
- Escalating calls and seeking advice when appropriate
- Review and liaise with 3rd party suppliers in order to purchase new equipment ensuring that it is fit for purpose and complies with defined policies
- Work with 3rd Parties to ensure that build documentation is completed and recovery process available
- Review existing Infrastructure and ensure that it is fit for purpose and meets the business needs
- Work with Partners and other departments to champion the design and delivery of high quality cost effective solutions for customers and corporate IT.
- Work with local IT teams to ensure that critical issues are managed and a communication plan is followed when dealing with these.
- Work with local IT teams to ensure that Skills, licences and policy are up to a sufficient standard to run the local infrastructure.
- Provide operational management of the infrastructure including backups, user creation, software rollout and telephony systems.
- Undertaking any other projects as required by their Manager
Download Full Job Description